Today, boardroom meetings are used in almost all areas of human activity. First of all, for solving various problems of economic management; health care; science and education; military affairs; industrial and agricultural production; security areas, etc.
The Key Institutions of Boardroom Meetings
The boardroom meeting is dedicated to one of the most promising areas of scientific and technological progress – the development and use of information technologies and mathematical methods for solving economic and management problems. At the current stage of the rapid development of the information society, the timely creation and optimal use of advanced information and communication technologies and economic and mathematical methods are of particular importance.
Communication, in which speech behavior will be understood correctly and accepted for execution, must follow a number of rules, as it is one of the most important key institutions:
- The speech message should be sufficiently complete, exhaustive, correct, specific, simple, and understandable.
- It must be remembered that at least half of the listeners, as a rule, are women, therefore it is better to avoid exaggeration, emotions, but at the same time, this message should be lively, captivating, without elements of monotony, and boredom.
- Take the time to create a convincing and constructive message that is necessary to promote the company and strengthen its position.
Of course, the board of directors, in any case, remains a key institution of boardroom meetings – all other mechanisms cannot work effectively without it. It is the council that sets quantitative targets and a management compensation structure. It is he who decides whether to approve or reject proposals for mergers and acquisitions. It is through the council that the large shareholders control the management. However, the existence of alternative mechanisms means that the role of the council in the modern corporation is much lower than that of parliament in the republic. Therefore, the council meets only a few times a year, and its members usually have another main place of work.
The Main Purposes of Boardroom Meetings
In the era of the rapid development of Internet technologies, boardroom meetings have reached a new level. There are several main purposes of boardroom meetings:
- Educational, aimed at carrying out various educational events, seminars, and refresher courses using the distance learning method.
- Various conferences (scientific, business, public), with speeches by participants and subsequent discussion.
- Meetings and gatherings of employees working remotely or in different branches of the same company.
These are the main tasks of boardroom meetings that allow you to get an unsurpassed result, almost in no way inferior to offline events. During online conferences, participants are limited to voice messages. Alternatively, they are provided with text chats allowing them to ask questions or comment on the information provided by the presenter. The disadvantage of such methods is that they do not take into account the interest of the owners of the companies in its work, the ability to influence the activities of the company from the side of shareholders since these methods are based on an analysis of the economic benefits of the enterprise. Management and economic methods are united by a common disadvantage, none of them assess the quality of the level of competence of the enterprise and the qualifications of its employees.